Saturday, September 22, 2012

Lunch sucked...

but breakfast and dinner nailed it! 
Got to 'sleep in'...but good ole alarm clock in my head woke me up at 7:30am.  No worries, felt well rested and ready to tackle the day.  Went for a run before breakfast, bad idea.  I was starving about 20 steps into the run.  Nonetheless, I forged through and got a decent workout out of it. Breakfast was probably the best I've had in years.  I would compare it to chocolate chip pancakes in my pre-paleo life. Scrambled eggs with proscuitto and a side of 'oatmeal.' I mashed sweet potato and banana with coconut milk and cinnamon and topped it with walnuts.  I could not get enough of it. I wish I had it right now. 

Lunch sucked.  It was families weekend on campus and we had a bunch of recruits staying overnight, so my assistant and I visited the overcrowded, not-so-paleo friendly dining hall. I had a boring salad with balsamic vinegar and EVOO on top.  The most exciting part of it was watercress.  Exactly.  Watercress- not gonna seal the deal for me. 

Dinner has been planned for about a week now.  There is an awesome restaurant in Harrisonburg that only serves local and grass-fed, organic food- The Local Chop and Grill House.  DELISH.  I had a Ribeye with gazpacho, steamed asparagus and veggies.  I haven't had a steak yet on the whole30....not sure what I was waiting for. 


A little red wine would've gone nicely with this one....instead, settled for a soda water with lime.  Could've sworn it was Sprite.  My taste buds have started to transform.  I find my mouth watering about certain fruits, and now about my sweet potato/banana oatmeal concoction. I'm feeling stronger and have more conviction every day about this challenge. After Monday I will be half way through.  Piece of cake.  mmmm, cake.  Damn!


No comments:

Post a Comment