Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Funday

Weekends are hard.  I am such a grazer on the weekends.  The goal of today was to relax, clean the house, run a few errands, make a few things and go on a run.  All items completed except the run. 
The breakfast of steak (leftover from dinner last night), a fried egg, and my new sweet potato/banana oatmeal left me happier than I should've been from food.  Eating real food feels good! 
Lunch was my paleo version of a chicken sammy.  Chicken breast on top of a portobello bun, topped with homemade salsa.  Honestly, it looked better than it tasted.  I mean it was good, but it wasn't my breakfast, or my dinner from last night. I'm starting to become a whole food snob. 


Fun with the food processor!  
Homemade mayo to the left, to the left. (room temp egg, lemon, dry mustard, salt and Light Olive Oil). Don't ask me why I made enough to feed the entire campus. I may try to make variations of the mayo, maybe a little basil, maybe a little  cilantro.  I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.  (Old School reference for those that are slow)

Right side is homemade salsa (tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic, splash of EVOO). Somebody please tell me if I'm starting to channel more Rachel Ray than Julia Childs. EVOO is just easier to use than spelling it all out. 


Dinner was a surf and turf combo.  Broiled ribeye steak, shrimp sauteed in EVOO and garlic and fresh greens with homemade salsa as dressing.  Steak is quickly becoming my new bestie.  


So back to the grazing.  The book recommends limiting snacking.  It's hard to limit when you're just milling around the house all day.  Had a few handfuls of walnuts, a Lara Bar (might as well be a Snickers at this point), and some dried apricots and dates.  Dates (of any kind) are so underrated. 

Tomorrow is day 15.  Holy Halfway Point.   

No comments:

Post a Comment