Friday, September 21, 2012

It happened.

Sorry for the delay Ace.  It's been a busy last 2 days- trying to build a dynasty, complete the whole30 challenge and keep my audience abreast is a bit taxing.  

It happened. I had Chipotle for dinner tonight.  I know, you didn't think I would do it, had complete faith in me, yada yada yada.  Oh wait, did you think I cheated? Nope. 
NEWSFLASH: CHIPOTLE IS PALEO FRIENDLY! 
Huge discovery.  HUGE.  All of their meats are organic and grass fed.  Whole30 goers are limited to their carnitas (pork) because the chicken and steak are cooked in soybean oil.  The pork was actually raised locally, less than 60 miles from Harrisonburg. 
Had to keep a drool bucket with me as I waited in line at the local Chipotle....which also happens to be directly across from the campus of JMU. Hello leggings, oversized crew neck sweatshirts and liquid eye liner. 

I could hardly contain myself as I approached the counter.  I felt like a kid in a freaking candy shop. Before long, I was loading up a bowl with lettuce, carnitas, green peppers, onions, mild and medium salsa (I know, bold) and a big fat dollop of guacamole. 
UNREAL.



Here are a few images from meals yesterday.  Lunch was spot on with leftovers of the spaghetti squash and marinara and a side of chicken breast.  I may start to jar and sell that marinara to the locals.  I mean, people here sell sandwiches on the side of the road weekly to raise money.  I promise this happens here. I don't know what the deal is, but people around here act like it's completely normal to sell sloppy joes out of their coolers to local passerby's. 




Dinner (on the right) may look boring to you, but it was actually pretty solid. I could eat tomatoes and avocado at every meal. This meal was convenient and easy, especially beneficial since I didn't get home from practice until about 8pm.  It has been really handy to cook a bunch of chicken breasts at a time in case you need a quick meal.  Hard boiled eggs have also been key. 

So I really like to test myself to see how strong my willpower is.  I've added candy to the mug on my desk at work and tomorrow I will be making pasta salad for the team's tailgate. I test myself because I am so confident in my mental strength.  I have always been fairly confident, but now I'm empowered and driven to succeed.  It definitely helps knowing I have a cyber audience to check in with, but even if I didn't blog I know I would stay on track.  It's a pretty cool feeling being able to tackle a challenge that will inevitably change your life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment